Monday, June 7, 2021

Welcome to No Wrong Notes!

Hello! My name is Loren Broaddus and I am a musician and artist with a passion for jazz, among other things. I frequently listen to music, so I figured I should give myself an outlet for sharing my thoughts about what I listen to, even if nobody reads it. This will probably entail album reviews, as well as more general meanderings.
The name "No Wrong Notes" comes from a quote by the great Thelonious Monk: "The piano ain't got no wrong notes." Another famous quote attributed to him (and others) is "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Which makes me think we need more ballets about skyscrapers.
In case you missed it, there's a lot of music out there. A lot. I obviously won't be able to cover everything from the time-space continuum, but I feel like I will be posting often. If you are reading and have any suggestions for album reviews, feel free to let me know! If not, then just enjoy what's to come. 
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The State of Music

It's a scary title, I know. But I have thoughts. I'm sure you've all seen, or at least heard about, this year's Super Bowl h...